Anyways, I sometimes post questions on Facebook. When I ask questions, I usually need answers and they most probably aren't rhetoric. They are questions, plain and simple.
However, I found it quite.. I dunno.. Amazing? That when I posted a question just this morning, several people 'liked' it. I'm like, "Is this the "Thank you for that wonderful question" filler that beauty queens use to buy them some time when answering very difficult pageant-questions?"
I was quite annoyed. I felt like I posted "I have cancer" and people 'liked' it. But then, I realized that the Facebook Like button had already evolved into something much more complicated and subjective. People 'like' your post for several reasons:
- They are obsessive-compulsive - There are some people who just can't go by a day without 'liking' a post. They will die if they don't 'like' a single post. In some cases, they have a daily quota for Facebook 'likes'. Some three, some ten and some fifty. It depends on the gravity of their condition.
- They don't read (or understand) your post - This is especially true if you posted a video, picture or link along with your status. They're like, "Oh! Busty Asian Beauties! Like! Like! Like!" without even reading your status which was "This girl reminds me of Kurdapya. I miss you so much. My heart aches and I will commit suicide later because you left me for that security guard. I am serious."
- They want you to like their status too - Some people actually send you chat messages (people joining in Facebook contests are exempted on this one) to ask you to like their grammatically incorrect status. If you are asking why they actually do that, it remains a mystery for me until now.
- They 'like' you - Wonder why there are some friends or even strangers who "like" every single one of your posts? It's either you are a super star (which most probably isn't true) or they simply are trying to tell you, "Hey baby, wanna hook up?" Some even stare at your status for 5 to 10 minutes just to decide if they should try and grab your attention by 'liking' your post. Just imagine how many hours they waste if you post like 10 to 20 status updates a day.
- They want to say 'hi' or tell you something unrelated - Familiar? The post is: "Just ate dinner!" and someone 'likes' it and adds a comment - "Do you know someone who wants to buy a Nokia 5110? I want to sell mine."
- They are stupid and dumb - "Oh, is this clickable?" *Clicks* "Oh! Yippee!! I clicked 'Like'!" *Dance Dance*
- They like your post - This is quite rare.
I want to add more to that list but to be honest, I want to watch one episode of Supernatural before sleeping. If you want to add something, just tell me by commenting below and I will of course credit you for that suggestion. :)
I like blogging. I don't feel that bad anymore. It's a good stress reliever.
ALTASHHETH
i liked somebody's status yesterday coz i was hoping that she'd get back at me and ask me how i'm doing and maybe.. give me some details regarding someone. pathetic. haha
ReplyDelete