I like cooking. But cooking doesn't seem to like me lately. I mean, before, the food that I cook often taste like a slice of something shining and shimmering. Now, it's either passable or subtly horrible.
Why? I like watching Cooking Master Chef! Oh c'mon - fine dining. All that herbs, that muck that somehow just transforms into heavenly perfection in the end. Isn't that art?
But I am here to tell you something. It won't give you the fullness that a bowl of steaming Bulalo or a serving of Adobo can give you. Fine dining my ass. We eat to feel satisfied, not to be screamed at by some oh so perfect cook!
And the best news? Bulalo is pretty simple to cook - boil meat for 5 hours, put some salt and some stuff in there and voila! - perfection. Adobo? Saute some onion, garlic and ginger. Put meat. Cook. Put soy sauce and vinegar. Cover. And you're done!
It's like Life - the way most of us see it or envision it. We need to find a good job, go up the corporate ladder, make a name for ourselves and after 30 years of stress, after 30 years of losing some good people all for the name of "success", you are on top. Now what?
Yeah yeah. You might argue that it depends on the person. Some may want that and choose to live a life like that and some don't want that. It sucks. But, don't you think it's sort of something that most of us are made to believe? Titles, Professions, Owning large corporations - that's success!
But do we really need to waste our life wanting to be on top? Why can't we just live simple lives - not hungry, full most of the time, being able to buy some crap once in a while, maybe travel to some place once every 5 years? Life is too short for scheming, planning and wanting. Be happy. That's what will matter most in the end.
Why am I telling you this? Because I will start working again tomorrow and I hate it. Sucks for me.
ALTASHHETH
No comments:
Post a Comment